McAfee stinger has the next-generation scan technology, including scan performance optimization and rootkit scanning. It spots and removes the threats placed under the “Threat List” option available under “Advanced Menu” options in the stringer application.
McAfee Stinger scans for running processes, rootkits, and loaded modules. It is easy to use; the user will have to select the folders or drive to scan and hit a button. Thus, the user should choose an action to perform if a virus or malware is detected and outline which type of folder to scan.
Moreover, here we have discussed how to use McAfee Stringer in detail. So, through the help of the information provided here, it would become easy for all users to get familiar with McAfee Security Utility.
- The users are recommended to download the latest version of the McAfee Security Utility.
- When asked, then select to save the file on the hard disk to any convenient location.
- Now when the download gets complete, then navigate the folder consisting of the downloaded stinger file.
- After this, “Run” the file.
- Then by doing this, the McAfee Security Utility interface will appear on the screen.
- By default, the McAfee stinger will scan the running processes, WMI, loaded modules, registry, and directory locations used by the malware on the machine to keep minimal scan times. If required, click on the “Customize my scan” option to add additional directories/drives while scanning.
- Note: Stinger can scan the Rootkits target that is not allowed by default.
- The scanning procedure for the specific directories/drives click on the “Scan” button.
- Thus, the stinger will, by default, repair infected files that it finds.
So, this is how the users can use the McAfee Security Utility. Apart from this, mentioned below are the key features of McAfee Stinger.